How You Can Help

  • Write the Forest Service on a regular basis and tell them that the Gallatins should be managed for non-motorized uses, in order to protect and restore wilderness character: (Supervisor, Gallatin National Forest, PO Box 130, Bozeman, MT 59771, or email:
  • Write your Congressional Representatives on a regular basis, asking them to designate all qualifying lands within the Gallatins as legal Wilderness under the Wilderness Act of 1964.
    In Montana, contact Representative Zinke , Senator Daines , or Senator Tester
  • Write letters to the editor of local and regional newspapers.
  • Explore the Gallatins, and learn their magic.
  • Talk with friends and neighbors about the need to protect this wildland.
  • Attend public meetings and hearings and speak out.
  • Donate to Montanans for Gallatin Wilderness. We are a totally grassroots organization with no paid staff. We require funds and resources for printing publications, postage, making phone calls, website hosting, developing educational materials, advertizing where appropriate, presenting our message to service clubs and community user groups, and in general, supporting the efforts of our volunteers. We gratefully accept your tax deductable donations. Please make your checks out to Alliance for the Wild Rockies, mentioning in the notes section: Montanans for Gallatin Wilderness, PO Box 6151, Bozeman, MT 59771

We are a registered organization with the Federal Government and the State of Montana. The Alliance for the Wild Rockies , which has endorsed our Wilderness proposal for the Gallatin Range, has agreed to act as our Fiscal Sponsor under IRS Regulations involving 501-C-3 non-profits. Thus, contributions to Montanans for Gallatin Wilderness are NOW tax-deductible.

For more information, or if you are considering a land donation in the vicinity of the Gallatin Range, please contact us at (406) 587-9181 or click to email Montanans For Gallatin Wilderness.